Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life is a continuous learning process.

Life is a continuous learning process... Don't you think this is true? Even a very small incident can change our life and teach something that we never thought of learning... Here I am presenting an incident which really satisfies each and every word I mentioned...
When I visited a temple somewhere near Mysore, my friend's family and my family, when climbing upstairs came across one of the beggars who were lined up near the steps.My friend's father who is a chain smoker quit smoking after the small incident that took place.When a beggar begged for two rupees, my uncle, smoking refused to give even a single paise. Then while going the beggar spoke softly,"How mean this world is? A person can spend amounts of money on the thing that is harmful but cannot share even a single paise for needy." When my uncle heard this he was shocked and was was left spellbound.. While praying same thing was coming to his mind,"She is correct! Was she pointing to my habit of smoking. Oh really its too bad of me.. I could have given her. If at all i come across that poor lady again i will give her." With this hope he came out and fortunately he saw that poor lady and asked her why she needed money? She replied back saying," From two days I am searching for 1 rupee. There's a lady who gives us food for 1 rupee."
Hearing this my uncle gave two rupees to her.
While we were returning from dinner, we happened to see that lady sitting under the tree and eating. Same time a small boy came to her and asked for a rupee. Instead of refusing as she only had less money she gave off the another 1 rupee that i had given her.. That lady doesn't know whether she will get money to eat tomorrow or not, still without any selfishness, like a good human being gave off the money. Then it was confirmed that there is still some kindness left in the world.
From that day my uncle stopped smoking and helped any good person who he came across with.
'That lady is really great'.
Akshata

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is a continuous learning process... true.

B/w do check Soul curry in the 24th august edition of Times life (It's a supplement you receive along with the Times of India) if possible.

Sweety here :)

Anonymous said...

And yes, nice Golb :)

Anonymous said...

Good Blog but it would have been wonderful if you were a part of the incident you talked about in the blog