Monday, April 20, 2009

The Excitement I Can't Bear Anymore!

Hello friends! I am back after quite a few days. :P This time I am not at all thinking about the old ways when I was preparing fro my boards. Nor am I bothered about what goes on in mind after the exams.

So, this title tells you what? No...! I am just not excited about my marks. No...!! Not that excited about the new session. Hmmm.... ummm... ok ok.. will stop thinking so much about it and will reveal it. Its kind of kiddish but then its a very good feeling which goes through my mind each and every time during the whole day.

About a 15-20 days back, my brother visited US for a summit held at Stanford University. He was there for almost a week or so. And like any other sister, I had my own list without even thinking of whether he would be able to get those. Not even thinking of his strain, I made my own huge list which had many things. From a Swatch watch to a Ferero Rocher. From bags to shoes. From jeans to umbrella and this list just goes on and on and on. But then when I came to my senses, keeping my excitement apart, I realized that we get almost everything here. And also realized how irritating it would be to bring all those which we get in India itself. Then, spending a sleepless night I somehow (with great great difficulty) managed to cut off quite a few things from the list. I searched for somethings on an American Online Shopping site and (you believe it or not) the new list had entirely different stuffs in it. Not even a single old one.

I called up my brother and mailed him some things. He being busy ended up replying me with one or two words which made my excitement grow to the core. And finally on some particular day, he called me up and said he was going for shopping to San Francisco which made me quite happy.

And now he is back. Its almost 7-8 days since he is back and I still don't know what surprise is waiting for me.He being very surprising, keeps black mailing me and wants me to wait and wait and wait. And me being impatient asks him almost everyday to reveal the stuffs or let me know when he is coming. My heart thumps with excitement everyday. And if I happen to ask more he yells at me :P but still I keep asking him!! Keeping fingers crossed, I hope to get the BEST. Although I am sure he would have brought me something or the other because I know how caring and loving he is and would never make me sad!! :-)


5 comments:

Saiswarup said...

First of all, I'm glad of you getting all those gifts and other things.
Secondly, convey my hearty congratulations to your brother.
But don't you think you could have explained more abt the mission of your brother going to Stanford? Like how hard he worked to go there or something of that sort...Why did he go there...Your family's first reactions and other such things... It would be a sort of tribute to your brother...This is just a suggestion!

Mindbloggler said...

@ Saiswarup, Ummm... actually i m preparing for this very same topic. But it will take a lil time. And between, I wrote some of these. i wrote why he went. I wrote my reaction. :P

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ma'am...
I agree with Saiswarup... It's high time you acknowledge your 'anna' for all the goodies that you've received...

Anonymous said...

They were more entertaining than the cricket

Anonymous said...

Right..I agree with you.